TIPS® (training for Intervention procedures) is the leader in responsible alcohol certification for restaurants, bars, hotels, liquor stores, convenience stores, grocery markets, casinos, and stadiums. For more than 35 years TIPS has certified millions of participants in the food, beverage, and hospitality industry. The eTIPS course is a mobile friendly online version of the workbook TIPS course developed by author Dr. Chafetz,1982. The course provides participants with the necessary knowledge, proven intervention techniques, and alcohol training to prevent underage drinking, intoxication, and drunk driving. Anyone serving or selling alcohol should be TIPS Certified to minimize the risks associated with alcohol service. In fact, liquor liability carriers offer substantial discounts to employers that have their entire staff TIPS Certified.
How To Get TIPS® Certified?
- Enroll in the course that’s right for you.
- Complete the self-paced course at your pace.
- Pass the final exam with a score of 70% or better.
- Print proof of completion.
- Permanent TIPS card mailed USPS within 48 hours.
- eTIPS certification is valid for 3-years.
How To Get a Group TIPS® Certified?
- Click Group Registration
- Order the number of passports you need (minimum 2 per order).
- Passports & instructions for use delivered to your inbox.
- Participant redeems passport and takes the course online
- Print certificate of completion upon completion
- Permanent TIPS card mailed within 48 hours